Твердосплавные наконечники премиум-класса
New drilling by Silmax: productivity and versatility
SILMAX presents its new drilling programme, introducing new products and expanding its range of available items. All products are developed using state-of-the-art technologies to ensure the utmost productivity and reliability in the most critical and complex operations.
The newly developed geometries offer a regular and constant chipping, thanks to the surface treatments, which make the groove space very smooth, ensuring low torsional stresses and higher precision on a wide range of materials (steels, cast irons, stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys).
These are the novelties in our catalogue:
- drills with 4 guide pads for precision drills, available in 5xD, 8xD and 12xD versions;
- drills with specific geometry for light alloys, with lubrication holes, available in 5xD, 15xD, 20xD and 25xD lengths.
The extension of the range concerns:
- standard drills, with the addition of items in 12xD length;
- extra-long drills, with lubrication holes and completely revised geometry in 15xD, 20xD, 25xD and 30xD lengths;
- drill reamers, with lubrication holes in 3xD and 5xD lengths;
- centesimal reamers, with the addition of two new families, in extra short and long versions.
The coatings used for our drills are made at Silmax coating centre and accurately selected for each type of product, in order to enable a reduction of generated heat, better chip evacuation and an increased tool life in every situation.
The most suitable and best performing coating and treatment have been selected according to the conditions of use:
- HMX Balinit® X-Pro + 4S. AlCrN-based coating applied to the series of drills for drilling steels up to a depth of 12xD;
- HMC Balinit® Latuma + 4S. AlTiN-based coating applied to 4-guide pad series, to deep drilling and drilling of stainless steel.
A crucial aspect related to drill coating is surface treatment. Within the 4S technology, Silmax has optimised customised treatments for the different product families, according to the features of expected applications and tool geometries, in order to improve performances.